|Beast New Form|
Hank McCoy AKA, the Beast, was one of five original members of the X-Men. He fought with the X-Men for many years, but eventually left them after having a falling out with team leader and friend Cyclops. Hank disagreed with how far Cyclops was willing to go to protect the X-Men and mutantkind and finally left after learning of X-Force, a secret squad Cyclops had established to kill the X-Men's enemies before they could kill the X-Men. When Wolverine also had a falling out with Cyclops and took several X-Men back to Westchester in order to rebuild the school, Hank joined him and now serves as Assistant Principal of the school. Hank is also a member of the Avengers.
Avengers Vs X-MenEdit
When the Phoenix came to Earth and hostilities broke out between the Avengers and the X-Men, Beast sided with the Avengers and was part of a squad that was sent into space in order to try and prevent the coming of the Phoenix. The squad failed however and due to an attack by Iron Man, the Phoenix would fail to claim its host Hope Summers, instead being split into five pieces and inhabiting Cyclops, Namor, Emma, Magik and Colossus. The Phoenix Five used their powers to remake the world, eliminating hunger, wars, thirst, poverty, disease and the energy crisis.
The Avengers continued to oppose the Phoenixes however, believing that the Phoenix Five would lose control of their power eventually. When Captain America asked Beast and his fellow scientists in the Avengers to find a way to de-power - and if needed kill - the Phoenix Five, Beast left them, stating that he would not kill his closest friends who were only trying to fix the world.
Beast rejoined them at some point, presumably after Namor attacked the Avengers in Wakanda. Together with the rest of the Avengers, he escaped to the magical realm of K'un-L'un. He worked with Tony Stark in trying to find a way to stop the Phoenixes.
All New X-MenEdit
In the aftermath of the Avengers and X-Men War, and with Cyclops now actively striking out at government organizations holding mutants prisoner and the X-Men unwilling to actively fight him as they fear the subsequent mutant civil war that might result, Beast - apparently dying of an unspecified illness - hits upon a solution after a chance comment from Iceman; he travels back in time to the early days of the Xavier Institute to bring the original five X-Men from that period into the future, hoping that Scott's past self will be able to convince his present self to stand down. He goes into the past and was able to convince the original X-Men to help him in the present. Later he passed out but was reviled to be dying. The original X-Men came back after confronting the future Cyclops and saw that is condition is getting worst and right now is unknown if he is dead. Instead of dying he was recalling going through another mutation witch as changed his appearance once again and even had the past Jean Grey to look into his thoughts so she could see her future.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Genetic Atavism: It is possible that Beast's mutation is a result of genetic atavism (or genetic traits that resurface in a species after many years of dormancy). He also possesses neotenous (or traits in a descendant that resemble those of an ancestor organism) characteristics, which would explain why he has a big modern brain with an ape-like physique. Due to secondary mutation Beast transformed from his original ape-like physique to a more cat-like physique. A next mutation affected him, and he required the help of his past-himself, who was able to stabilize him in an appearance who bears very little resemblance to one of his counterparts: The Brute.
- Superhuman Strength: The Beast has always possessed some degree of superhuman strength, the limits of which have varied at times due to subsequent mutation. During his teens, he was able to lift approximately 1 ton. After mutating into his simian form, and after this mutation eventually stabilized, his strength was increased to the point where he could lift about 10 tons, which was sufficient to smash through a brick wall with a single punch and to tie an iron barbell into a knot.
- Superhuman Speed: The Beast can run and move at speeds that are slightly beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. He can run at speeds up to 40 miles an hour over short distances, particularly if he runs on all fours.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Beast's highly advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than that of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: The Beast's bodily tissues are harder and more resistant to certain types of injuries than the bodies of normal humans. His physiology can withstand great impact forces, though he can be injured by many types of conventional weapons such as standard firearms and bladed weapons. However, he can withstand physical impacts, such as falling from several stories or being physically struck by many super-humanly strong beings that would either severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort.
- Superhuman Agility: The Beast's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Like some of his other powers, his agility has varied at times due to ongoing and subsequent mutations. While in his simian form, he had the agility of a great ape combined with the acrobatic prowess of an Olympic level gymnast. He could walk a tightrope or a slack rope as easily as most people can walk on a sidewalk. He could also walk on his hands for many hours, or perform a complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He could easily match or top any Olympic record in gymnastics..
- Superhuman Dexterity: He can perform many tasks with his feet as easily as a human could do with his hands. His manual and pedal dexterity are so great that he can write using both hands at once or tie knots in rope with his toes.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: The Beast's metabolism enables him to repair mild to moderate injuries much faster than a normal human. For instance, he can recover from minor ailments, such as a severe cold or fever, within a few hours. More severe injuries, like broken bones, can heal within a few days, whereas normal humans might take many weeks or even months.
- Super-humanly Acute Senses: Hank possesses enhanced, acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals, enabling him to see and hear distant objects more clearly than a normal human, and identify and track someone purely by scent. He also possesses cat-like night-vision.
- Pheromones: Beast has the ability to secrete pheromones to attract members of both sexes.
- Claws and Fangs: The Beast sports retractable, razor sharp claws at the tip of each finger and toe. Their natural edge, coupled with his strength, are sufficient to rend most conventional materials including flesh, wood, stone, and even some types of metals. He also possesses elongated canines that he can use, if he chooses to do so, as effective weapons in close quarter combat situations.
Genius-level Intellect: A world-renowned biochemist, Henry McCoy's greatest asset is his keen scientific mind. He possesses a genius-level IQ, with extraordinary expertise in genetics, biochemistry, electronics and other subjects. Beast is also an accomplished keyboard musician.
Hand to Hand Combatant: The hyperactive, bouncing Beast is an excellent hand-to-hand fighter. He gained his initial combat training from Professor Xavier, and then continued his tutelage in combat gymnastics from Captain America. He typically uses a freestyle form of combat, similar to that of Spider-Man, that allows him to make full use of his great strength and agility. During times of anger, however, the Beast is known to resort to brawling and street fighting tactics.
Multi-lingual: He is fluent in several languages including English, German, French, Latin, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, and Russian as well as Latverian.