|Kang with Apocalypse Twins|
At the Marvel Now title the Uncanny Avengers Kang with the Apocalypse Twins is the main enemy of the Avengers Unity Squad.
Early Life and OriginsEdit
After meeting his ancestor Doctor Doom on Earth 689, Kang was inspired to design a suit of armor, crafting an identity for himself as the Scarlet Centurion. Thinking to use this version of Earth as his base, he manipulated the Avengers of that world - the original team - into capturing every other super powered being, whether hero or villain, on the planet. Once this was accomplished, he transported the Earth-616 (mainstream) Avengers to fight their Earth-689 counterparts. Once one team was defeated, the Centurion planned to defeat the other himself and then rule the world unopposed. The Earth-616 Avengers won the day and furthermore succeeded in driving Kang out of the time-stream .
Following this defeat, he reinvented himself as Kang the Conqueror, and carved out a star-flung empire in his home universe, Earth 6311. Among his conquests were the entirety of the Badoon and Shi' ar empires. Kang then traveled to the 20th Century of Earth-616, seeking revenge upon the Avengers. Facing them directly in combat, Kang lost in the face of their power. He struck again shortly thereafter, with a robot duplicate of Spider-Man designed to lower their guard. The real Spider-Man arrived after all the Avengers had been defeated, destroying the robot and saving the team. Foiled, Kang returned to campaigning in his home century.
Powers and abilitesEdit
- Battle Armor: Kang's battle armor is produced from a rare synthetic alloy from the 40th century. It is neuro-kinetic, meaning it responds to his subconscious thoughts. Though Kang has no powers, his armor endows him with rough equivalents of super-human abilities.
- Enhanced Strength: Gives Kang the ability to lift 5 tons.
- Durability: The armor has a built in force-field that extends from 2 feet away from his body, outward to 20 feet in all directions. It can withstand even a nuclear strike at point blank range.
- Anti-Gravity Device: Kang has a device in the gauntlets of his armor that allows him to render objects weighing up to 2.2 tons weightless.
- Video Communicator: Built into the right wrist is a video communicator, which he can use to stay in contact with his bases from any point in the time-stream.
- Time Travel: Kang's armor can create temporal divergences, giving him the ability to travel through and manipulate time.
- Concussive Bolts: Kang can fire concussive blasts from the finger tips of his gauntlets; these blasts have the force of several tons of dynamite.
- Weaponry: By cracking his fingers, Kang can summon any number of weapons which are transported to him through time-stream instantly.
- Electric Shock: By flexing his muscles, Kang can activate a powerful electric shock.
- Hover Pad: Kang has often made use of a hover-pad in his battles.
- Survival Kit: Kang's armor has a self-contained atmosphere, 30 day supply of food, and waste disposal system.
- Body Transference: Until recently, Kang employed nano-technology in his helmet's circuitry that enabled him to transfer his mind into a new body at the moment of death.