Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Phoenix Force|
Born of the void between states of being, the Phoenix Force is a child of the Marvel Universe. In the dying moments of the previous universe, the Force saved all existence from eternal damnation, enabling Eternity to preserve the humanoid Galan, ensuring his re-creation as Galactus. The Force was subsequently reborn from the cosmic fires of the “Big Bang.” Later, it encountered the malevolent Le Bete Noir and trapped it in the center of a still-cooling planet Earth. The Force was drawn back to Earth when it was awakened to reality by Feron, a sorcerer from an alternate Earth who had traveled with his master Necrom to a tower on Earth-616 to witness an alignment of dimensional interfaces. The Force joined with Feron, allowing itself to be shaped by his dreams into the form of a giant fiery bird and experiencing a spectrum of new sensations. At the moment of the alignment, Feron bade the Force to project the essence of the tower throughout the multiverse, so that it existed on every plane of reality simultaneously, creating an energy matrix. Necrom sought to access the matrix to allow him to compress all alternate Earths into a singularity, the energy released from which would endow him with godlike power, and to that end he tore out the portion of the Force that had bonded to Feron. In agonized confusion over the violation of its essence, the Force fled. Necrom bound the stolen Force with a portion of his own essence, and left it to incubate in a corpse he dubbed the Anti-Phoenix. Later on the Phoenix force has encounter Jean Grey, the most powerful host to Phoenix ever. It was stated by the entity named Death that Jean is not just a host but Phoenix in a physical body and that Phoenix is Jean. Together they became the White Phoenix Of The Crown. They are more connected than Hope Summers is and she on became the White Phoenix but not of the Crown.
It is seen that the Force has a strong connection with the Mutant Messiah, Hope Summers who resembles Jean Grey in some ways. Hope has demonstrated signs of the Phoenix since birth, like images of the Phoenix in her eyes. She began to show more signs after returning to the present, like manifesting and using the flames of the Phoenix.
Avengers vs the X-menEdit
The Phoenix Force was seen barreling through the Universe to Earth. It consumed many planets on its way and was eventually spotted by a Nova Centurion named Sam Alexander. Sam journeyed to Earth in an attempt to alert his home planet of the coming of the Phoenix. Sam managed to reach Earth before the Phoenix and alerted the Avengers of the Phoenix. The Avengers discovered that the Phoenix was coming to Earth to claim its new Avatar, the X-Man Hope Summers. Captain America; leader of the Avengers journeyed to the X-Men's stronghold on the island of Utopia in order to collect Hope and take her away from Earth. The Avengers believed that the Phoenix was coming to Earth in order to destroy it but the X-Men knew that the purpose of the Phoenix was to fix things that were broken in the Universe, and believed that the curse placed on mutantkind by Wanda Maximoff was what it was coming to fix. The X-Men had received intel that the Phoenix had rectified such a situation in the past and were training Hope to learn how to control it.
Cyclops; leader of the X-Men refused to hand Hope over to Captain America which prompted Captain America to deploy the rest of the Avengers who launched an invasion of Utopia. Hope escaped in the confusion and the X-Men, who initially appeared to have surrendered to the Avengers teleported away in order to find Hope.
Both the X-Men and the Avengers tracked hope down to the Moon, where she planned to confront the Phoenix. As the Phoenix was claiming her as its host, Hope rejected it in fear of not being able to control it. Iron Man then used an experimental weapon intended to destroy the Phoenix Force. It failed however and the Force was instead split into five pieces and inhabited the five X-Men present on the Moon; Cyclops, Emma Frost, Namor, Colossus and Magik.
The Phoenix X-Men used their vast power to fix the Earth, ending wars, hunger, thirst, disease and the energy crisis. The Avengers continued to oppose the Phoenix however, believing that it would eventually turn on them and destroy the Earth. The Avengers launched several guerrilla attacks on X-Men and the Phoenix Five, which eventually enraged Namor to the point that he resolved to end the Avengers once and for all. He attacked their hideout in Wakanda but the combined might of the Avengers was just barely enough to defeat him. After he fell, his portion of the Phoenix left him for the other four.
This would result in even more power for the Phoenixes to control, which lead to some of them starting to act erratically. The next Phoenixes to fall were Colossus and Magik after being goaded into fighting by Spider-Man. They knocked each other out and their portions left them for the remaining two Phoenixes; Cyclops and Emma Frost. Emma was almost on the influenced of Dark Phoenix but Cyclops told Emma to stop talking about destroying the world. He was sensing Charles Xavier who was trying to shut down his mind and get rid of the Phoenix. He failed and Scott almost killed Emma just so he can get the last portion pf the Phoenix Force. He did and killed him right where he stood. He then turned into Dark Phoenix and started to destroy the planet. The Avengers and X-men try to save the world and battle Dark Phoenix. They were almost going to lose if Wanda the Scarlet witch and Hope Summers have not intervene. Just then Cyclops told them to kill him but not right after when Jean Grey did not come to help him when he contacted him from the White Hot Room. She helped him let go of Phoenix and later Hope became the White Phoenix and took away all of the Dark Phoenix flames and thus saved the planet. When she was almost going to be consumed into the god like powers that she possesses but Wanda talked to her for her true purpose. They combined there powers and said "No More Phoenix" witch broke the original spell "no more mutants". It brought back the mutant race and the Phoenix Force was presumed dead. If the the entity was really dead the universe would have died because the entity is the embodiment of it witch was stated by a woman called Roma. The entity is in the White Hot Room where it formed a cosmic egg that will hatch completely restored of it self. It will likely come back later on.
Phoenix Five vs Mr. SinisterEdit
The Phoenix Five discovered that Mr. Sinister had built a city underground with an army of his clones. Believing the evil Sinister to be a threat towards their global Utopia, they invaded his city in an effort to destroy him. Sinister was ready for them however, and forced them to fight armies of clones of both the X-Men and their foes. Sinister succeeded in capturing all five of the Phoenixes and revealed that he planned to siphon the Phoenix Force from them into six clones of Jean Grey in order to harness its great power. He succeeded but during a battle with other X-Men, the Jean Grey clones became distracted enough for Emma Frost to be able to enter one of the clones mind and communicate with the Phoenix Force. The Phoenix was initially unconcerned with inhabiting the clones, stating that as long as it existed all was well. Emma told it that Sinister planned to hold it underground for the rest of eternity however and also reminded it that it had come to Earth for a reason. The Phoenix agreed and destroyed the clones and returned to the five Phoenix Hosts who burned Sinister's city and killed him and his clones.
Secret Avengers Operation PhoenixEdit
The Avengers mobilized a squad to attempt to stop the Phoenix from reaching Earth. The Avengers attempted to fight it, re-divert it and siphon its powers but all their attempts failed. The Phoenix suddenly changed course however. It was revealed that a faction within the Kree Empire had siphoned away a part of the Phoenixes power and used it to resurrect the fallen Kree hero, Mar-Vell. The Kree were brainwashed into believing that the Phoenix was their salvation and was coming to save them but with the help of the Avengers, Mar-Vell realized that the Phoenix was coming to reclaim the portion of its power that had been used to resurrect him. He sacrificed himself to save the Kree and the Avengers and gave back his portion to the Phoenix, which killed him in the process. The Phoenix then resumed its course towards Earth.
The Phoenix had various hosts. Some of them are:
- Jean Grey (Favored and True Avatar)
- Rachel Summers
- Scott Summers
- Emma Frost
- Piotr Rasputin
- Illyana Rasputin
- Namor McKenzie
- Fongji Wu
- Hope Summers
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
The Phoenix Force is one of the most powerful forces in the Universe with the power to create and destroy. As the White Phoenix of the Crown it posses a multiversal power making it one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe. Its powers include:
Future Life-Force Tap: The Phoenix Force can tap into the energy provided by life-force reserved for future generations, thus denying them existence. The Phoenix Force possesses limitless cosmic energy. With or without a host, it is one of the most powerful entities in the Marvel Universe.
- Concussive Force Blasts: It can wield this energy to project beams of immense concussive force powerful enough to destroy whole planetary bodies.
- Quantum Singularity: It can transmigrate throughout time and space by folding its energy back into itself, causing it to collapse akin to a black hole. It then reforms itself upon reaching its destination.
- Energy Absorption: It can directly absorb, manipulate, and fully control any type of energy such as Cyclops' ruby-red-colored optic blasts or the entire energy of a star, black hole, or even a whole galaxy.
- Life-Force Control: The Phoenix Force can control and manipulate life and death itself.
- Psionic Nexus: As the nexus or center of all psionic energy throughout the cosmos, the host attains nigh-infinitely powerful mental abilities, including telepathy, empathy,and telekinesis, and often seeks out hosts who have psionic abilities. When bonded with a host, the Phoenix Force vastly strengthens and amplifies all of their superhuman mutant powers and abilities to immeasurable and innumerable power levels.
- Matter Transmutation: It can manipulate and transmute matter on a sub-atomic level (e.g., turning wood to gold, stone to crystal, etc).
- Cosmic Teleportation: It can teleport others across vast distances such as another planet or galaxy, and the vast vacuum of space itself.
- Disintegration Waves: It can consume and remove a near infinite amount of molecules per second.
- Resurrection Force.: It can resurrect anyone it wishes with its near infinite powers, as it is the embodiment of life and death itself.
- Immortality: The Phoenix Force is Immortal and indestructible. it cant die or be destroyed. after it "death" in Avengers vs X-Men it was said to be destroyed but as it has happened many times the entity is never dead. it forms itself in a cosmic egg in the White Hot Room and says in there until it is ready to come out. some host get true immortality but other get it from never aging or need food, water, and oxygen to breath and if they were killed the Phoenix Force would bring him or her back to life.
Cosmic Pyrokinesis: It can create 'cosmic' flames under any conditions even the impossible ones such as vacuum space or underwater. These flames do not require oxygen to burn, and burn so intensely that matter is consumed without by-products such as ash. It has perfect control over these flames, and they only consume what it wills. Typically they manifest as a raptor or part of a raptor such as a claw or wings, in the case of an avatar. It is unclear whether these flames are an extension of its powerful psionic abilities or a literal punctuation to its purpose to 'burn away what doesn't work'.
- Temporal Manipulation: the Phoenix Force can manipulate the past, present, and future across large temporal distances and with a profound knowledge of the causal effect her actions will have. It may be the case that time as a concept doesn't apply to the White Hot Room. it has only been shown When Jean Grey as the White Phoenix Of The Crown held her universe in the palm of her hands and saved it from becoming a horrible future.
- Existence Mastery: It possesses total control over the entire existence. It can bring anything into existence, freely manipulate all existing things, and return them to nothingness when their purpose is extinguished.
It's immeasurable cosmic powers and abilities appear to be at their strongest and most powerful when bonded to Jean Grey (possessing incredibly strong and powerful levels of telepathic, empathic, and telekinetic godhood status abilities, complete control and manipulation over the realms of matter, energy, space, time and thought), as the two have a strange, profound connection to each other (Jean is the closest thing the Force has to physical form).
- Like Jean Grey-Summers, the Phoenix used telepathy and telekinesis, but at a much, much greater near-limitless power levels. She was able to rearrange the molecular structure of matter and fly at high hyper-sonic speeds while inside a planetary body. Using the Phoenix Force, she could travel through hyperspace and destroy Shi'ar battlecruisers with little effort.
Because Phoenix was linked to Jean's psyche, she maintained a psychic link with Cyclops.
As Jean Grey-Summers, the Phoenix possessed the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engaged in moderate regular exercise. Using her cosmic powers and telekinesis, Phoenix could lift an unknown amount of weight, possibly in the range of millions of megatons.
- Chaos Magic: When Cyclops was possessed by the Phoenix, he received a high harm when he touched the Scarlet Witch, as well as Emma Frost (also being possessed) suffered when she telepathically detected her presence. As the Phoenix Five gained more portions it becomes less affective.
- Iron Fist energy from K'un-Lun: the dragon Shoa Loa was able to hurt Cyclops when possessed Phoenix. It was said by the Watcher that the dragon beat the Phoenix but there is no evidence to show that. An iron first named Fongji Wu use the powers of the dragon to tame the Phoenix and control its powers. It is unknown if the power proves less affective as the Phoenix Five gained more portions of Phoenix.
Despite these weaknesses the Phoenix Force itself has never really felt it or said it hurts. It only affects its host and even if the Phoenix is in control only the host feels pain.
Main article Phoenix Force/Gallery.