With a past shrouded in mystery, Wolverine's memories are full of government secrets, traumatic events, and death. Remembering only escaping Weapon X and later joining Alpha Flight, the man known as Logan was approached with a chance to change the world, by Professor Charles Xavier. After joining Professor X's X-Men, Wolverine has been using his mutant power, to heal at an accelerated rate, peak physical condition, and razor sharp bone claws that protrude from between his knuckles laced with the indestructible metal Adamantium, to fight for the peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans most of his life.
Avengers vs X-MenEdit
When Nova arrived on Earth with a warning, the Avengers discovered that the Phoenix Force was heading on a destructive path towards Earth. Captain America turned to Wolverine for advice. Wolverine informed him of Hope Summers' connection with the Phoenix, and the stand that Cyclops and his X-Men team would take on this matter, using the cosmic energy that comes with the destructive power of the Phoenix to save mutantkind from extinction. Captain America asked if the Jean Grey School would side with him, but Logan insisted that he had founded the school to keep the kids out of fights. When Cap called on the Avengers to invade Utopia, Wolverine was there alongside them. While the X-Men and the Avengers fought for the control of the mutant nation Utopia, Wolverine found Hope, and was going to fulfill his promise of killing her. But Hope, using the powers of the Phoenix, was able to escape, burning Logan's skin and muscle. He recovered and went with Captain America to the Savage Land looking for Hope, but Captain, thinking that Logan was a liability, asked him to stay in the Quinjet while they searched, punching him in the face, prompting a vicious fight between them that was resolved thanks to Giant-Man who pushed Wolverine out of the plane, making him fall in the middle of the North Pole. Wolverine is tracked down by Hope who offers him a truce if he'll help her. She plans on going to the Moon in order to confront the Phoenix but in case she loses control she wants Wolverine to be there to kill her. Wolverine agrees but betrays her by calling the Avengers who show up on the moon to capture her. The X-Men arrive shortly after but the fighting is cut short by the arrival of the Phoenix. He stayed with the avengers and later worked with Professor X and the Hulk to fight Cyclops and Emma Frost. When Cyclops went Dark Phoenix and killed Charles Xavier he told the hulk to throw him put only to bee burned.after the Phoenix "died" and the mutant race was restored he went to go to cyclops only to give him sympathy and left him in his cell.
He was sent from Steve Rogers to talk to Cyclops to see if he was planning some way to escape from his prison. He was still very upset at him for everything he did like being a host to Phoenix Force and killing Charles Xavier. When Cyclops said that he understood Jean Grey more then anyone, including Wolverine, he said that enough and was about to kill him until he believed that Scott wanted that. When he asked where Emma and Hope were he cursed at him and left. He came back around the time a new mutant named Jake was killed and told that to Scott and even said that he know that he would never kill Charles Xavier. When Cyclops broke out of jail he left him a letter saying he would be angry for this.
After Avengers vs. X-Men and the New Avengers disassembled, Wolverine joins the Avengers and the Uncanny Avengers after Captain America asks him to join the Uncanny Avengers. He came to them after Avalanche attack and discovered that he killed himself after he competed his task.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Regenerative Healing Factor: Wolverine's primary mutant power is an accelerated healing process that enables him to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue with far greater efficiency than an ordinary human. He can regenerate greatly damaged or destroyed tissue with few seconds. Wolverine's accelerated healing powers have been commonly referred to as his mutant healing factor. The full extent and speed of Wolverine's healing factor isn't known. He has been shown to fully heal from numerous gunshot wounds, severe burns covering most of his body, and regenerate missing eyes within a matter of seconds. Among the more extreme depictions of his accelerated healing factor involves him having his skin, muscles, and internal organs incinerated from his skeleton only to fully regenerate the tissue within minutes. Adamantium plays a crucial role in the speed of Wolverine's healing as well because of the fact that it produces a poison that his immune system fights off regularly. It is said that without the adamantium, his healing rate increases.This power even amends psychological wounds inflicted as a result of traumatic experiences. However, Wolverine's healing powers force his mind to suppress the memories, sometimes resulting in amnesia. Wolverine sometimes calls this his mental scar tissue. Wolverine's healing factor has cured him from the mystical curse of the Werewolf after he had been bitten and turned into a werewolf and from vampirism , though it should be noted that the time it took to cure the Werewolf curse was longer than the time it took to cure him from vampirism.
- Foreign Chemical Immunity: Wolverine's natural healing also affords him the virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs, except in massive doses. For example, it is extremely difficult for him to become intoxicated from alcohol.
- Immunity To Disease: Wolverine's highly efficient immune system, which is part of his accelerated healing factor, renders him immune against all known Earthly diseases and infections.
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Wolverine possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals. He can see at far greater distances, with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity even in near total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to detect sounds ordinary humans couldn't hear at a greater distances, enough to hear a teardrop in another room that have thick walls with enough focus. He is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if they are well hidden. He can track a target by scent, even if the scent has been greatly eroded by time and weather factors, with an extraordinary degree of success. Wolverine can also use his keen sense of smell to detect lies due to chemical changes within a person's scent. These senses stem from, at least partially, his constant cellular regeneration, as are his enhanced physical capabilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Wolverine's mutant healing factor enables him to push his muscles beyond the natural limits of the human body without injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. His natural strength is augmented by the demand placed on his musculature due to the presence of over 100 pounds of Adamantium bonded to his skeleton, which also removes the natural limitations of the human skeletal structure by allowing him to lift weights that would damage a human skeleton. Wolverine has been depicted with sufficient strength to break steel chains support the weight of a dozen men with one arm and lift the 955 lb Ursa Major over his head before tossing him across a room. Wolverine's strength is enough to allow him to press somewhere in excess of 800 lbs but no more than 2 tons.Wolverine Strength Class 5.
- Superhuman Stamina: Wolverine's mutant healing factor grants him high immunity against lactic acid and other fatigue toxins generated by his muscles during physical activity. Wolverine can sustain himself at peak capacity for several days. Wolverine has shown himself capable of fighting Arkady Rossovich (Omega Red) for over 24 hours, despite regular exposure to Omega Red's death spores. His lung capacity is at peak human level enabling him to hold breath for 6 minutes under water, making his lungs as healthy as human's lungs can get. And when his lungs stop working，he can maintain his life by cutaneous respiration （It can only maintain his basic life activities).Wolverine Virtually Inexhaustible Stamina
- Superhuman Agility: Wolverine's agility, balance and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels far beyond the natural physical limits and capabilities of the finest human specimen. Wolverine's agility is sufficient to allow him to dodge multiple bullets. Other times, able to jump extremely high and evade several yards.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Wolverine's reflexes are similarly enhanced, they are also superior to those possessed by the finest human specimen and are equal to the likes of Steve Rogers due to his superhumanly acute senses, although most of the time he relies highly on his regenerative healing factor.
- Superhuman Speed: Wolverine can run at speeds faster than the finest human athlete.
- Insulated Weather Adaptation: Wolverine's body is highly resistant to certain elemental extremes, particularly cold, to the extent that he can sleep nude in subarctic conditions with no apparent injury.
- Delayed Aging: In addition, Wolverine's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process. Wolverine was born sometime during the late 19th Century. Although well over 100 years of age, Wolverine retains the health, appearance and physical vitality of a man in the physical prime of his life.
- Animal Empathy: Wolverine has the ability to sense the emotional state of animals on a basic level such as fear, anger, happiness or pain. He can even communicate with them to make the animal aware of his actions and or his intent.
- 'Psionic Resistance:' Wolverine reveals that his mind is highly resistant to telepathic probing and assault due to the high level psionic shields implanted in his mind by Professor Charles Xavier.
- Bone Claws: Wolverine's skeleton includes six retractable 12-inch long bone claws, three in each arm, that are housed beneath the skin and muscle of his forearms. Wolverine can, at will, release these slightly curved claws through his skin beneath the knuckles on each hand. The skin between the knuckles tears and bleeds, but the blood loss is quickly halted by his healing factor. Wolverine can unsheathe any number of his claws at once, although he must keep his wrists straight at the moment his claws pass from his forearms into his hands. When unsheathed, the claws are entirely within his hands, allowing him to bend his wrists when they are extended. The claws are made of bone, unlike the claws of normal mammals which are made of keratin, and were originally believed to be bionic adamantium implants. Like his son Daken, the bone claws are sharp and dense enough to slice through substances as durable as most metals, wood, and stone.
Master Tactician: Though seemingly brutish, Wolverine is highly intelligent. When Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he reported Logan's physical and mental state as "equivalent to an Olympic-level gymnast performing a Gold-medal-winning routine whilst simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head", which gives something of an idea of the level of sophistication and tactical processing Logan is capable of utilizing while in combat. He remembers Ogun teaching him Sun Tzu's The Art of War.
Master Martial Artist: Due to his extensive training as a soldier, a CIA operative, a samurai and a member of the X-Men, Logan is an exceptional martial artist and has mastered 15 forms of martial arts. His extraordinary hand-to-hand combat ability makes him one of the finest combatants on Earth.
Expert Swordsman: Logan is proficient in Japanese sword fighting having studied under Ogun.
Expert Marksman: He is an expert marksman skilled in throwing weapons and firearms, but operates more efficiently without them.
Skilled Acrobat: He is skilled in gymnastics, acrobatics and aerials, but is not on the same scale as other fighters such as Captain America and Daredevil.
Advanced Covert Ops Expert: Due to his experience traveling the world and working for various government agencies, Wolverine is also a trained expert in multiple types of weapons, vehicles, computer systems, explosives, and assassination techniques. In the Weapon X comic he said: I can put six shots into a quarter... an' get change for the gum-machine.
Skilled Mechanic: Along with Nightcrawler, Wolverine has also been the mechanic of the X-Men's Blackbird jet for a long time.
Multi-lingual: A polyglot; Wolverine is fluent in many languages including English, Arabic, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Lakota, and Spanish; he has some knowledge of French, German, Thai, Vietnamese, Farsi and Portuguese. Ogun taught him Japanese ideograms.
Other Skills: With his increased lifespan and journeys across the globe, he has been able to amass an intimate knowledge of many foreign customs and cultures. Once he saw a kabuki play of The 47 Ronin (Genroku Ch?shingura) and remarked how it was one of the finest kabuki troupes he had seen. His exploits have further endowed him with vast awareness of literature and philosophy.
As a result of Wolverine's constant cellular regeneration and the additional weight and tensile strength of his skeleton he has some degree of superhuman strength enabling him to press somewhere in excess of 800 lbs but not more than 2 tons and he is able to place this strength in his strikes. The latest official handbook entry says that Wolverine is capable of lifting in excess of 800 lbs for brief periods due to his adamantium skeleton.
- Muramasa Blade: Wolverine's only specific vulnerability known to date. Created by having his soul infused into the katana, the efficiency of his mutant healing factor is decreased dramatically if he sustains injury from the Muramasa Blade. Wolverine has been wounded once with the blade and, though the injury was very minor, it did not heal completely for 2 days.
- Carbonadium Digestion: Wolverine's healing factor is also affected, though to a far less degree, if he ingests Carbonadium.
- Vulnerable Senses: Wolverine's only other "weakness" is the fact that his heightened senses can be taken advantage of. For instance, when he was fighting the Bruce Banner (Hulk), he was nearly killed by the Hulk's thunder claps due to his heightened sense of hearing.
- Decapitation/Severe Spinal Damage: Professor X once stated that Wolverine could be killed if his head becomes separated from his body, causing his brain the inability to send signals to the section(s) of his body that needs healing. But because of the addition of his adamantium-laced skeleton, the idea seems very unlikely.
- Adamantium Poisoning: Adamantium has proven to secrete poison which stunts Wolverine's healing factor and feral rage by a very small degree. Even though he has it laced throughout his entire body it has not made a significant change in his abilities. However, the poisoning will endanger Wolverine's life if his healing factor fails on him, such as when an inhibitor field cancels out his mutant powers.
- Adamantium Allotropes: Adamantium has thirteen different allotropes (variants) that are very unstable compared to adamantium because of their different molecular configurations and thus physical properties. Some have caused Wolverine to become dizzy or weak just by being in close contact with these adamantium specimens.
- Extreme Injuries: Wolverine himself stated that shooting him to the sun, using a magnet to keep him at the bottom of the ocean, reality benders, Nimrod and going back in time and killing one of his parent can kill him.